Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's not them...it's me.

I'm not sure what my deal is. Used to be I was motivated to do 101 things in a day-and multitasking was something I prided myself on. I just don't have that bounce-back attitude that I used to. The past three weeks have been me dealing with everyone having colds. Sickness is usually no big deal here as my kids are super healthy and they get over sickness in just two days. But when six of them, plus the parents go through it-it can be a month long ordeal.

In short, I've been doing a crappy job of keeping us on task. I can say that is one thing that I did appreciate about the online academy. There was a rush to get things done and stay on task. So, for this weekend I am working on getting the house clean and sanitized, but I will also be brainstorming was to keep us better on track.

I'm not sure if I want to put a time limit on the units we are doing or what. I hesitate with this for a lot of reasons. One is that in Matteo's social studies for instance, he really likes what he is learning. So much that he keeps asking for me to extend it. He wants more work, and to learn more about it. Of course this makes me happy that he is interested. I'm not sure how I will end up dealing with all this, but I need to snap out of it, and get the motivation back for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment